Thursday, May 14, 2009

I can't believe it!!

It's been coming for months...I knew EVENTUALLY this day would come. It has finally arrived, or almost. What am I talking about? The basement, it is 98% complete!! Let's just pause there for a moment....ahhh (deep breath, in and out) All that remains is the bathroom; grouting the tile then sealing it, installing the shower, and hooking up the plumbing. There are still things to be done at a later date the drop ceiling, the theatre room, and carpet. But I am not thinking about those things now. So let's just forget I've mentioned it. FORGOTTEN. Done. The basement is so close to done Jason and Talena will start moving in this weekend.

You may not understand why I'm so excited about the basement completion. Let me explain. For the past, let's say 6 months, give or take, my husband has been building walls, dry walling, mudding, and taping. "Big deal?" you say. YES! It is a big deal! He works everyday from 7-6, then quickly eats supper to return to the basement until WAY after I have gone to bed. Fine for a few days, but months and months, made the kids and I wonder who this "dad" character really was. We remember him vaguely, he's home but not really home. I am looking forward to this weekend. Darryl doesn't have to work and doesn't have a "project" that needs his attention. I will savour the moment, because I KNOW it won't last long. Did I mention the deck? The basement wasn't even complete, and I'm finding sketches of deck plans on the table! Next it will be the yard...when oh when will I have my Darryl back?

1 comment:

Scrapnqueen said...

We certainly appreciate the sacrifices you guys have made/are making on our behalf. Thank you, thank you, thank you...