Monday, May 11, 2009

Four Weeks.

I am looking down at my previous postings and it says updated four weeks ago. The reason being? My computer was in for a new Mother board, that took 4 weeks to be repaired! Jason was nice enough to let me use a laptop from work, but I didn't want to use it for everything. So, as a result my blog has fallen behind.

My biggest encouragement is the fact that I finally have weight loss results to report! I am down 9 pounds!!! I'm so excited, I can see the difference in the mirror. I've been feeling more energetic for weeks but still looked the same. I was starting to get frustrated, because I want to look the way I feel. This is a start, almost 10 pounds!! Mary Beth has me doing a very fun workout. I use a deck of playing cards, each suit is designated to a specific exercise. What ever card is drawn off the deck determines the number of that exercise to do (ie 4 of Hearts means 4 squats). A face card is 1 minute of cardio and an Ace is a rest. I really like it, it keeps the workout from becoming the same old same old. I am up to 36 cards out of the deck; I started out with 26. I go through 36 cards for lower body (squats, walking lunges, crunches, and leg lifts) then shuffle the deck and 36 for upper body (rows, bicep curl/overhead press, crunches, push ups). I am feeling stronger. I can do all my push ups "boy style", from my feet. Yay! It's coming!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

RIght ON. That KICKS!