Monday, May 15, 2006

Dial up frustrations!!

I have been on line for....3 hours....not because I have been searching the internet for an interesting supper idea, or searching ebay for that hard to find item or researching a profound idea....NO...I have been online all afternoon because I am downloading an upgrade for Simply Accounting!!!!!

I made an appointment with the "Simply Solution Provider" (why don't they just call her the Simply Guru") so that I could finally get my Simply Accounting all set up, etc. Well, that should be simple enough right?? I have Simply 2006, but apparently it is not up to date and needs this very time exhausting upgrade so that I can open the file that she emailed to me this morning. That was at 10 it is now 5:00. I fear that by the time my phone line is freed up the Guru will have gone home for the day! And I will be stuck making an appointment for another day.

It is now at 95%....oh, the excitement builds.....only 10 more minutes!!!

So, I guess blogger is lucky today, I had a TON of time and he and I chatted today. I love you blogger!! :) HaHa

98%....99%.....1 min 55 seconds!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Dial up sucks!

Talena said...

Amanda, you are too funny. And now I get to enjoy your sense of humour one more way. Better watch out--one more post, and I'm linking to your blog from my site! ;-)

I remember the dial-up issues. If it works out that it's not a panicky-need-it-yesterday-type of issue next time, maybe I could download the file and burn it for you, since we see each other semi-regularly.

Love ya!