Monday, March 16, 2009

Computers!

Here I was planning on blogging regularly, and then my computer went on the fritz! Grr!
Oh well, I'm up and running today.

I have just started meeting with Mary Beth, a friend of mine that is also a personal trainer. I need someone to be accountable to. She has set me up with a weight training program and a diet to follow. I'm really excited! I've been running regularly and still not losing any weight. I will be meeting with Mary Beth once a week, until I feel like I've got this under control. Then we will meet less often until I reach my goal. I will keep you posted on my progress.

So, I've made this choice to get into shape in the month of March. So what? you say. Well March seems to be "birthday month". We have Darryl and Emily's birthdays and then about 5 other friends and family's birthdays. How do you go to a birthday party and not eat cake? Well I will be challenging that tonight as my kids are invited to another party.

This past weekend was pretty busy. We went up to Manning on Friday night to watch Sarah's skating carnival. For a kid that used to trip on a line on the floor, she is doing very well! Emily now wants to do skating, she said to me "They're dancing." I don't think she had ever seen figure skating before. I would like to get her into something to help her build some muscle and hopefully help her balance.

After the skating David stayed for a sleepover with Seldon. It's neat how well they get along for being 3 years apart. The weekend before Tim and Shelle had been down but the boys didn't get to see each other, both were complaining. I hope that relationship stays the same as they get older. They primarily play x box together, but they seem to really enjoy each others company.

Tim and Shelle brought David back the next day so we had Wes and Serena and kids over too. We pot lucked the supper, we had a TON of food! Pizza rolls, chicken fingers, chicken wings, french fries, veggies and dip, shrimp rings, fruit and dip, cake and pie...I'm sure I've missed something! We were all WELL fed! We then played Killer Bunnies, and then a late night of Rockband. That was only Saturday.

On Sunday we went to Church, I taught Sunday School, and then straight off to the pool for Cadence's Birthday. More cake and swimming left us all pretty wiped out. The boys fell asleep in the van, "the boys" includes Darryl. Emily and I went inside and watched some T.V. about two hours later I finally went out to the van and woke them up.

Today is Monday, and it's a P.D. day, David, Emily, Cadence, and Thomas are playing Hungry Hippos. I'm sure the day will be full and fun, then tonight....more cake!

1 comment:

Scrapnqueen said...

That IS a lot of cake! I'm rootin' for ya on the "getting in shape!" I know it's tough, but you can do it! That voice you hear saying, "Go, Amanda! Go, Amanda?" Yeah, that's me.

Love ya.