Thursday, March 19, 2009

Miss Emily



I am sitting here at my desk listening to the imaginations of two 5 year old girls, Cadence and Emily. It's so funny how they play, each telling the other what to do or say. Right now they are playing ponies. The other day they turned a Hungry Hungry Hipos game into Hipos that had to protect their eggs. They played there for about an hour, putting the "eggs" out and then capturing them all again....oh the ponies just kissed....LOL

I wonder how Emily will change once she starts Kindergarten in the fall? She is so sweet and gentle. She has a desire to be liked by others, and to have the same things as her friends. I told her the other day it doesn't matter what others think but so long as she is happy with herself. That could be a hard lesson to learn. This conversation started because David didn't like that she had stuffed a neck warmer down the back of her bathing suit to look like a bunny tail. It looked very cute, and was a pretty smart idea.

What I also find interesting about Emily is that she loves to craft but lacks the attention to do an "organized" craft for very long. If left on her own she will create her own designs or whatever for hours. But when we do organized crafting she doesn't take the time to color it carefully or completely, and after 2 minutes forgets to cut along the lines. I am hoping that Kindergarten will help her learn to do her best work.

The fall will be interesting with just Oakley here at home, I will miss the chatter of Emily. On the other hand I can't wait to see all that Oakley will teach me about himself.

1 comment:

Scrapnqueen said...

Just Oakley--and a house full of boys! And your friend! You might wish to have just Oakley after a while! :-D

At least she will only be in school 2 days a week.

The kids saw this post, and Jabin is now saying, "Can I talk to Emily?"

Jude says, "Oakley looks like David."

Hugs!