Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Emily is 5!!

Well, we had Emily's party on the weekend, but she seems to think she needs another. I've told her 3 times that we are not having a party today; it's only 9am. Could be a long day! Most of the time Emily is pretty easy, although she has her moments when she gets something in her head that it takes telling her a few times before it sinks in that it's not the way she was thinking.



My little princess, the girl between the boys, my sweet Emily, Miss E, Chicken, Chicken Rat....Just a few things I think of when I think of Emily. (When I think of Emily it makes my heart warm inside.)
1. She has such a sweet spirit, most of the time she does what is asked, or even before she's asked.
2. She loves to craft, always drawing, painting, or just cutting up paper to make her "creations".
3. She has been stuck on Jabin for a while now, in case you don't know he is her future husband. She already knows how many children they have agreed to have, I don't know if Jabin really knows this at all.
4. She can go into her room and play for hours, she has a great imagination. Although sometimes that imagination gets her into trouble, she will make up fake injuries when I'm consoling one of her brothers who has really been hurt.
5. I do worry that she gets missed between the boys. David the typical first born demands my attention, and Oakley being little still needs my help. I try to do my best to make special "girl time".
6. She has asked to go on timeout, weird I think, but she knows when she needs sometime alone. She comes back out all ready to go again.
7. She has a pretty good sense of humour started, can't wait to see that develop.
8. She is really good to play with just about anyone, younger or older.
9. This last year has been a killer for Emily, from September until December she asked me about 3 times a week when she gets to start school. She still asks me pretty regularly if David is at school that day. She misses him when he's gone. (I'm not sure how I feel about sending her off to Kindergarten in the fall.)
10. When she smiles really big or is laughing she has a cute little dimple on her chin.



I pray that Emily will continue to have a gentle spirit as gets older, and that she will learn to love the Lord and see how much he really loves her too.

Have a Happy Birthday, Emily!

1 comment:

Scrapnqueen said...

Wow, can that grown-up girl really be
Emily?

Apparently, Jabin and Emily need to communicate more--I am not sure that he is thinking about kids just yet. And Jude continues to be heartbroken that she has chosen his little brother over him.

Happy birthday, Emily, from all of the Winters! (We talked about it today, and the kids were discussing birthdays for a while.)